Reports to: Operations Director
The Head of Technical Department has the overall responsibility for the Technical department (inclusive of Audio, Lighting, Video & Rigging) of the company, delivering quality & efficiency of the company’s rental equipment in a safe way and supporting the internal team to deliver projects onsite to the highest level.
- Responsible for the overall realisation of technical projects within the company; supports the internal team and clients with expert advice and knowledge.
- Manages the day-to-day activity and schedule of the AV department, allocating the appropriate teams to projects, utilising & booking freelancers where necessary.
- Delegating technical responsibility to on-site technicians (including freelancers), ensuring all duties are achieved within the deadline.
- Ensures AV department & equipment is well-maintained for maximum utilisation.
- Managing internal rental system and prep-process to ensure best practice for stock management.
- Takes ownership of the overall departmental budget.
- Guardian of budget for technical projects.
- Negotiates list rates with subcontractors & external freelancers.
- Actively proposes methods to make for cost-efficiency
- Working closely with other Head of Department to ensure team efficiency.
- Responding to requests from team members and clients, managing expectations and deadlines for yourself, your clients and your team
- Managing workloads, for yourself and your team, distributing enquiries fairly and suitable.
- Supporting and assisting your team on large scale events and/or with clients (where necessary)
- Build, motivate, manage and maintain an effective team of Technical Managers as well as providing counsel, offering support and conducting any required disciplinary action.
- Worker Welfare – Ensure proper workshop planning and ensuring overall well-being of team including Working conditions, Breaks, Rest Periods.
- Implement regular efficient & targeted meetings with team as needed.
- Drive teams for improved performance and efficiency
- HSE – responsible to ensure that our workshop is fully HSE compliant at all times.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the events industry
- Advanced level of understanding is required with all event technologies and equipment hire industries (audio, video, lighting, projection, etc.)
- Experience working with local suppliers, subcontractors and freelancers in the video, sound and lighting industry.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
- Knowledge and experience in working with CAD or Vector-works.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Asset Management Systems and Google Drive.
- UAE Driving Licence Essential
TYPE: Full Time & Permanent
SALARY: Competitive based on experience
LOCATION: Dubai Investments Park
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience
Please submit all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org